GRAB SOME POPCORN, RELAX, AND ENJOY THE SHOW!

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Angels Moonwalking on The Tonight Show

Don't forget to pause the playlist on the bottom right side of the page to hear videos.


FADE IN:


INT. THE TONIGHT SHOW STARRING JOHNNY CARSON STUDIO - NIGHT


JOHNNY CARSON and ED McMAHON are sharing CHUCKLES as the show airs.





JOHNNY CARSON (JC)


Moving right along.


ED McMAHON (EM)


Please welcome our first guest, Karl Malden.


As Karl shakes Johnny's and Ed's hands,


JC


Congratulations. We just heard of your nomination for Best Supporting Actor. Take a look why, folks.






JC


What was it like to work with Vivien Leigh?


KARL


She was an angel.


JC


Speaking of angels, we've got a live one tonight. Ladies and gentlemen, a warm welcome for Farrah Fawcett.


After Farrah hugs everyone,


JC


You're looking beautiful as ever.


FARRAH


Thank you, Johnny.


JC


Here's a clip of the show that catapulted you to fame. Let's take a look.







JC


And now you're sharing your battle with cancer in a documentary.


FARRAH


That's right. I hoped to share with others who have cancer to look right into its face -- not to be afraid.


JC


I'm sure I can speak for everyone of your extraordinary strength and courage.


To fervent APPLAUSE,


FARRAH


Thank you.


JC


We'll be right back after this commercial break.







The audience rises to their feet, CLAPPING enthusiastically, while Johnny attempts to moonwalk. With outstretched arm,


JC


Michael Jackson.







Sitting after his performance,


JC


What do you think of my moonwalk, Michael?


MICHAEL


With a few pointers, you'll be ready to star in my next video.


As they rise LAUGHING,


FARRAH


Mind if I join in?


JC


Why don't we all get in on the act.


Michael GIGGLES as the group moonwalks around the studio floor then breaks into free-form dancing. Johnny waves the audience to join in. Facing the camera,


JC


We hope you enjoyed tonight's show. Good night.


FADE TO BLACK


**written by petra michelle**


http://petramichelle.blogspot.com/


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very clever, upbeat tribute, Petra. Very well done. welcome back!
David

Anonymous said...

This was a brillent idea! Bravo!

Maude Lynn said...

Excellent idea! This is such a cool tribute.

jay said...

That was the best tribute I've read.

I like the idea of staying out of the circus and making it more human and fun. To be honest I skip pretty much all of the tribute blogs because, let's face it, it's not pretty out there.

I wasn't a fan of either of them, but the bottom line is that they were people, and they suffered and died. I understand the fan thing, I really do (me of all people) but let's keep it dignified, huh?

Thanks for doing that, Petra!

i beati said...

I needed it so sad and now Gale Storm how I loved her in black and white Thanks Petra

Tea Time With Melody said...

Very entertaining. Looks like Janeen caught your comment from my page before I got to her, lol

Karl Malden was a favorite of mine. Loved him in the Streets of San Francisco. We lost a good one. :(

Rowena said...

Well done Petra!

Kat Mortensen said...

An extraordinary tribute, Petra. I loved it! Karl Malden was a fine actor, wasn't he?

Kat

PV said...

Neat idea for a tribrute Petra. Clever, clever!

Tipper said...

NEAT! You are so clever-how did you ever think to add in the videos! I loved it!!

Tipper said...

NEAT! You are so clever-how did you ever think to add in the videos! I loved it!!

Borut said...

This life of ours:
a few steps of moonwalking,
oh man, and you're gone.

LarryG said...

wow!
this was a brilliant audio and visual collage!
thanks Petra

Mom Knows Everything said...

WOW! Very neat! LOVE it!!!

Jules said...

Hey there!
Loved the tribute. As always - it was wonderful writing!