GRAB SOME POPCORN, RELAX, AND ENJOY THE SHOW!

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

GODIVAS - Tribute to Coco Chanel

FADE IN:

INT. MILLINERY SHOP. EARLY 1900's PARIS - DAY

In the workroom of her shop, COCO CHANEL painstakingly creates an evening gown by hand; each stitch a labor of love. Her ASSISTANT appears.

ASSISTANT
A very important patron is here to see you.

Coco abandons the gown to tend to this mysterious patron. As she approaches a lovely NOBLEWOMAN,

COCO
Ah, Madam Godiva. Bonjour. How may I assist you?

LADY GODIVA
(fully clothed)
Bonjour Coco. I need something very different for a special occasion.

COCO
Of course. What is the occasion? A ball, the theatre...

LADY GODIVA
I'm to ride on a horse naked through the marketplace of my realm...
for a very worthy cause of course.

COCO
(taken aback)
To be naked, it must be.

LADY GODIVA
Isn't it wicked?

COCO
(shakes her head)
But Madam, I clothe, not unclothe.

LADY GODIVA
There must be something you can do.

Coco ponders her dilemma earnestly and sincerely. Her glance falls on a stack of pretty boxes. She rushes to the stack, scoops up a box, then returns.

COCO
May I make a suggestion?

LADY GODIVA
Yes, of course.

COCO
Give these to the people as you ride passed. You will have pleased those you shock.

LADY GODIVA
(perplexed)
With chocolates?

COCO
Godivas, Madam. You will be the crown jewel.

LADY GODIVA
Yes, I see. I shall be as tempting as chocolate.

COCO
Champagne to celebrate?

LADY GODIVA
Thank you.

As they sip champagne and share another box of Godivas,

COCO
Madam, may I ask? What is this cause?

LADY GODIVA
To lower my people's taxes.

COCO
(nods)
A very noble cause. But why naked?

LADY GODIVA
It was my husband's idea. He said he would lower them if I rode...

COCO
Your husband.
(reaches behind her)
Here's another box of Godivas, just for him.

FADE TO BLACK

**written by petra michelle, 9/19/08**

http://petramichelle.blogspot.com


1 comment: