GRAB SOME POPCORN, RELAX, AND ENJOY THE SHOW!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Rerun of SOCKO thru 4/18 (My Apologies!-Playing Catch Up!)

And the winners are:
Barbara - Other (28%)
Barbara's Conscience - Tie between Bette Davis & Whoopi Goldberg (28%)
Ball of Socks Voiceover - Anthony Perkins (33%)
Policeman - Tie between Tommy Lee Jones & Clint Eastwood ( 33%)
Thank you for voting!

FADE IN:

INT. DEN. SUBURBAN HOME - NIGHT

Lying on the sofa, a WOMAN reads a psychological thriller, her cat sleeping at her feet. She sets the book down, eyeing the room suspiciously. The furniture seems to have moved in closer to her. She shudders.

The CHIMES of the grandfather clock cause her to jump. As she collects herself,

BARBARA
Ten o'clock.

Hand in chin, she absentmindedly talks to the cat.

BARBARA
One piece of chocolate won't hurt my diet.

BARBARA'S CONSCIENCE
Where's your will power?

BARBARA
Leave me alone! It's only one piece of chocolate!

She gets up and walks into the kitchen.

INT. KITCHEN - NIGHT

Barbara searches every nook and cranny to no avail.

BARBARA
What'd I do with them?

Her eyes widen. She rushes downstairs to the washroom in the basement.

INT. WASHROOM - NIGHT

She flicks the switch. No light.

BARBARA
Why did you have to pick tonight to go out, Jack?

In the dark she gropes for the flashlight on the shelf with the laundry supplies. With the flashlight on, she reaches behind the washer/dryer and pulls a gold-covered box.

Smiling, she hurriedly opens the box and pops a chocolate into her mouth, then another.

BARBARA'S CONSCIENCE
You have no will power.

BARBARA
Shut up!

She suddenly hears a CRASH in the garage.

BARBARA
(calls out)
Jack?

Holding the flashlight close to her, Barbara picks up a crowbar resting at the side of the entrance to the garage. She cautiously opens the garage door. Taking up most of the garage, a GIANT BALL OF SOCKS stalks her. She quickly SLAMS the door shut, but her strength is no match for the giant ball of socks. It squeezes through the doorway and chases her up the stairs into the den.

SOCKS VOICEOVER
We want our mates. What have you done
with them?

INT. DEN - NIGHT

Barbara bumps into the sofa, nearly knocking the lamp over. The ball stops dead in its tracks, studying her, breathing heavily. Cautiously, she steps toward the telephone and dials 911.

911 (OS)
What's the emergency?

BARBARA
(whispers)
A ball of socks is...

As it inches closer,

911 (OS)
Did you say a ball of socks?

BARBARA
1099 Elm Street. Hurry!

CUT TO:

When the POLICE arrive, two force the front door open. As they rush into the den, they hear a VOICE coming from upstairs. They rush up the stairs towards Barbara's VOICE in one of the bedrooms.

INT. BEDROOM - NIGHT

As they kick the door in, guns drawn, Barbara is sitting on the floor pairing socks.

BARBARA
Hello, gentlemen. These socks found one another.
(addresses socks)
How long has it been?

The policemen glance at one another, perplexed.

BARBARA
Would you care for a chocolate? You see, I have no
will power.

POLICEMAN
Ma'am. Why don't you come with us?

BARABARA
I didn't mean to! I promise I won't do it again! Jack?

POLICEMAN
Jack? Who's Jack?

BARBARA
He's not here.

POLICEMAN
Please, ma'am. If you don't make a fuss, I won't handcuff you.

Barbara slowly rises. Her eyes fall on the golden box.

BARBARA
Do you mind if I take that box of chocolates?

POLICEMAN
(sympathetically)
No, ma'am.

CUT TO:

While sitting in the rear of the police car,

BARBARA'S CONSCIENCE
I'll show them I have will power. I won't eat one
chocolate.

FADE TO BLACK


**written by petra michelle**

http://petramichelle.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

Peter Rozovsky said...

Cats, chocolates and a psychological thriller: Women!

Mismatched socks: Men!
==============
Detectives Beyond Borders
“Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home”
http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

Jay said...

Well, that was very ... weird! ROFL!

My (large) drawerful of unmatched socks have never done that to me.

Yet. ;)

Maude Lynn said...

I loved this one!

PV said...

I remember this one. Can't remember what I thought of it last time, but I do have to ask....

What has she done to Jack? In the garage!

The horror!

Suldog said...

Entertaining stuff. Thanks for stopping by over at my place.

From now on, I'll have to try and be more careful with those lone socks that come out of the dryer without mates. I didn't realize the dire consequences.

Suldog said...

Oh, wait, you're a Yankees fan. I think this is your subconscious talking to you. Were the socks red?

:-)

Tipper said...

Your imagination really shows in this one!!

i beati said...

love it anyhow - good luck to your dad , My Mom is having done in August and me shortly I'm sure.sandy

Borut said...

William S. Burroughs, the late guru and novelist of the Beat Generation of American writers, an expert on additions of all sorts, would love it!:) We’re more or less all addicted: to our petty selves in the first place!:) A Native American seer might add: it’s the tendency of our ordinary consciousness to combine ignorance and stupidity to get us to where nobody really wants to be!:)