GRAB SOME POPCORN, RELAX, AND ENJOY THE SHOW!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Rerun of GODIVAS (My apologies-playing catch-up!) Enjoy the show!

And the winners are:
A tie between Helen Mirren (28%) and Gwyneth Paltrow (28%) as Lady Godiva
A tie between Leslie Caron ( 40%) and Julie Christie (40%) as Cocoa Chanel
Thank you for voting!

FADE IN:

INT. MILLINERY SHOP. EARLY 1900's PARIS - DAY

In the workroom of her shop, COCOA CHANEL painstakingly creates an evening gown by hand; each stitch a labor of love. Her ASSISTANT appears.

ASSISTANT
A very important patron is here to see you.

Cocoa abandons the gown to tend to the mysterious patron. As she approaches a lovely NOBLEWOMAN,

COCOA
Madam Godiva. Bonjour. How may I assist you?

LADY GODIVA
(fully clothed)
Bonjour Cocoa. I need something very different for a special occasion.

COCOA
Of course. What is the occasion. A ball, the theatre...

LADY GODIVA
I'm to ride on a horse naked through the marketplace of my realm...
for a worthy cause, of course.

COCOA
(taken aback)
To be naked, it must be.

LADY GODIVA
Isn't it wicked?

COCOA
(shakes her head)
But Madam, I clothe, not unclothe.

LADY GODIVA
There must be something you can do.

Cocoa ponders her dilemma earnestly and sincerely. Her glance falls upon a stack of pretty boxes. She rushes to the stack, scoops up a box, then returns.

COCOA
May I make a suggestion?

LADY GODIVA
Yes, of course.

COCOA
Give these to the people as you ride passed.
You will have pleased those you shock.

LADY GODIVA
(perplexed)
With chocolates?

COCOA
Godivas, Madam. You will be the crown jewel.

LADY GODIVA
Yes, I see. I shall be as tempting as chocolates.

COCOA
Champagne to celebrate?

LADY GODIVA
Thank you.

As they sip champagne and share another box of Godivas,

COCOA
Madam, may I ask? What is this cause?

LADY GODIVA
To lower my people's taxes.

COCOA
(nods)
A very noble cause. But why naked?

LADY GODIVA
It was my husband's idea. He said he would lower them if I rode...

COCOA
Your husband.
(reaches behind her)
Here's another box, just for him.

FADE TO BLACK

**written by petra michelle**

http://petramichelle.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

i beati said...

I love it again and again- looking for poetry ,too sandy

Maude Lynn said...

I still love it!

Borut said...

What a sweet campaign:
Seeing the naked truth fight
For a noble cause!:)

Mom Knows Everything said...

I still really like this one! It's one of my favorite ones.

LarryG said...

good choice for a rerun - very well done!

Tipper said...

I enjoyed the re-run! Something thats good-it stays good forever!

Kat Mortensen said...

I think it would be fun to be Lady Godiva! What did her husband look like?

I can DEFINITELY see Helen Mirren with enough gauche to do this!

Kat

Rowena said...

I only voted for the part of Lady Godiva. And I nominate myself!

Beatrice V said...

Happy new year Petra, and what a wicked start to 2009:) eating chocolates in the nude!

Anonymous said...

I would have chosen Margaret Rutherford for Lady Godiva - - -

Anonymous said...

Mmmm. Godiva chocolates! One of the few US chocolate manufacturers who can make it taste right!

Now, if I were picky, I'd protest that Godiva was English, and Godivas are American! LOL!